Terms of Service
- The Service
- Mamitou is a digital platform where users can rent children’s gear, clothes, equipment and furniture.
- By renting you as the customer agree to these terms of the Service
- The Service can only be used in accordance with these terms.
- To use the Service you have to be above 18 years or have a parental consent prior to using the Service.
- Customer/Renter Acknowledgements
When booking your rental, you acknowledge and agree to our terms regarding:
- Rental period
- The duration of your rental is determined by the rental start and end dates you choose when checking out your items.
- Your rental start date indicates when your items are delivered to your specified address. Note that deliveries to a specified address can be delivered to a service point.
iii. We are obliged to fulfill the contract in accordance with the agreement between the parties and are required to have your items ready for pick-up / delivered to your specified address at the chosen rental start date.
- Your rental end date specifies when you have to return your items to your delivery service point. In cases where you have booked with shipping, and your rental end date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or holiday, you must return your items to your service point on the next business day at the latest.
- If you do not return your items on the chosen rental end date, we will contact you the day after with further information. Note that we will charge a late fee of 200 NOK per item, per day until the items are returned.
- You will pay the initial amount when placing your order and the final amount will be calculated and charged once the items are confirmed returned. Depending on the amount, these late fees will be charged either through Vipps or invoice.
vii. If the items have not been returned within one month after the specified rental end date, we will also invoice you for the amount it will cost to acquire new items. If the items are still not returned after one month, they will be considered stolen and we reserve the right to report you to the police for theft.
- Wearing your rental with love and care
- You are expected to treat the items with great care, and to return them in the same condition as when they were delivered to you.
- You are responsible for damage that is beyond what we consider normal wear and tear. “Normal wear and tear” implies wear such as broken zippers, small stains, loose or lost pearls/sequins, or wear that we consider typical for usage of clothes, handbags and accessories.
iii. Stains from makeup and self tanning products are not considered normal wear and tear.
- Should you be so unlucky to damage an item, and the item is still considered usable, we will charge you a deductible according to the degree of damage and the item’s worth at the time of the occurred accident/injury. Depending on the value of the item, the deductible can be up to 7,500 NOK for clothing, and up to 20,000 NOK for handbags and accessories, including an administration fee of 10% of the decided retail value, up to 1,000 NOK per item. Note the deductible will be added VAT.
- If items are stolen, lost or damaged beyond repair, you are fully responsible for compensating the items. The compensation will be based on what we determine the retail value of a new or similar item to be, including an administration fee of 10% of the decided retail value, up to 1,000 NOK per item. An item is considered stolen, lost or damaged beyond repair, latest 30 days after we have received notice.
vii. If you are renting items for a longer rental period, you are allowed to wash them. However, you are expected to follow the instructions provided on the washing label of the items. Any damage resulting from not washing items according to instructions, is not considered normal wear and tear. Such damages will be charged based on the same logic as described in points 4.b.iv and 4.b.v.
- Payment for the service
- We do not accept cash payments. All payments for the Service need to be made through our site or by invoice, in the case of subscriptions. Payment methods such as Vipps, invoice and other non-cash methods are accepted only in limited circumstances and rare events such as technical issues. Payments by invoice may be subject to an additional fee.
- Upon signing up for a subscription (submitting the sign-up form), the renter agrees to pay their subscription invoice, issued at the beginning of each subscription period, for as long as their subscription is active. Cancelling or pausing one’s subscription must be specifically requested in writing. Failure to rent does not constitute notice of pause or cancellation.
- All rental deliveries will be done in collaboration with our logistics partners and in accordance with our standard mailing and delivery schedules.
- If you provide us with an invalid name or shipping address that makes it not possible for you to securely accept the items upon delivery, you are solely responsible for any loss, theft, or damage to the items resulting therefrom.
iii. Once your items are delivered to the designated address, you are solely responsible for the condition of items.
- In the off-chance that your items are not delivered to you on time, meaning that the items are delivered after the rental start day, we are accountable for the delay. In such cases, you can choose to cancel your rental and get reimbursed the rental fee in full (see point 4.g). In addition, we will put in effect the 100% satisfaction guarantee to find a resolution to the problem (see point 4.e).
- 100% Satisfaction
- The 100% satisfaction guarantee applies if you rent an item, and in the rare event that item does not arrive on time, is damaged or does not fit as expected. In such cases, you need to contact us within 24 hours of your rental start date. The guarantee implies that we will do our best to find a resolution to your problem.
- Rental and order changes
- If you wish to make changes to your rental period, meaning you would like to shorten or prolong your rental period, you must pay for the extra rental days. If the rental period is shortened, you will be refunded the difference in the old and new rental price. Note that refunds for shortened rental periods will only happen if you inform us in advance that you would like to officially change your rental dates and not if you simply return your items early. Note that subscription rental periods are fixed and you will not owed a refund if you choose to rent subscription items for less than the entire subscription period.
- Please note that it might take up to 10 working days from when the items are confirmed returned till you will receive the refund.
- If you wish to cancel your rental, the amount paid will be refunded to the bank account that was used to place your order.
- Cancellations that occur up to one week before the rental start date receive a full refund.
iii. Cancellations made less than one week before the rental start date are nonrefundable.
- Product deviation
- Occasionally, our Products may vary slightly in color and style from the photographs displayed on the Service.
- The parties shall not be held liable for any delays or deficiencies if it is shown that these are due to an obstacle beyond the control of the parties and which they could not reasonably be expected to have taken into account at the time of the agreement or to avoid or overcome the consequences.
- If the delay or deficiency lies on a third party that is commissioned by us to fulfill the delivery in whole or in part, we are free of liability only if a third party would also have been exempted from the previous point. The same applies if the delay or defect is due to a subcontractor or to another supplier in the previous sales stage.
- Changes of terms
- We reserve the right to change the Terms at any time. By using the Service, we expect that the Terms are reviewed periodically and that all the conditions that apply when renting an item are understood.
- Law and jurisdiction
- The contract shall in all respects be regulated by Norwegian law, and litigation regarding the contract shall be resolved in accordance with Norwegian procedural rules.
- Disputes between parties shall be resolved through negotiations. If a solution is not reached, the case must be referred to ordinary court proceedings.
- Renter account and Registration
- To access most features of the Service, you must register an account. When you register an account, you may be required to provide us with information about yourself such as your name, email address, or other contact information.
- You agree that the information you provide to us is accurate and that you will keep it up to date at all times.
iii. When you register, you will be asked to provide a password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, and you accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. If you believe that your account is no longer secure, then you must immediately notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a rental is made through your account, we will perceive payment information as well as your contact information such as phone number and address.
- If you want access to all the information that we have stored on you, you can expect to receive it within 60 days after our Customer Relations team has confirmed to be looking into your request.
- If you wish to delete your account, you can send an email to email@example.com . If you wish to be deleted, we will keep the information about you as long as it is necessary to comply with legal obligations. When it is no longer necessary to keep the information about you, you will be removed from our systems or anonymized so that we will no longer be able to identify you.
vii. All information we collect from you is used solely to provide the Service.
- Google Analytics is used to analyze how our customers behave on the website and does not collect personal information about you as a user. Google Analytics makes it possible for Fjong to collect statistics about the number of visitors, page views, what was searched for, length of visit, geographical location and more. This data helps Fjong to make the website more efficient. All data that is collected is stored on Google’s servers, and you can read more about how Google collects and protects your data here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
iii. Facebook Pixel is used for Fjong to adapt information and marketing based on how you use the website. This provides relevant ads based on the content you viewed on fjong.com. The ads may appear on Facebook and Instagram (owned by Facebook).
- All information collected through Facebook pixel is confidential and cannot be traced back to you as an individual. Read more about the privacy of the Facebook Pixel here: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/